Friday 20 May 2011

LONDON FABRIC TRIP

I went to London Berwick Street to search for suiting fabric. I was looking for shades of brown in 100% wool. This proved difficult as I needed two fabrics as my designs were all two tone. Finding brown suiting that looked good together was not easy. I found two and got some swatches.

When I went back to Birmingham I decided to go to the fabric shops there. I searched in Barry’s and Fancy Silk Store but they did not have many fabrics that were 100% wool, and not many were brown. However I did find two fabrics that looked great together but one was wool and acrylic and the other wool and polyester. It was decided that these were my best options and were good enough quality. The wool and acrylic had some stretch in it, but fusing removed most of this, meaning it was not a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment